I am at present preparing to be part of an exhibition of painters in my local town of Puerto Lumbreras in September. I come late to this side of my personality and I dont know what kind of artist or media I like. What I do like is to use my own photos or ideas and try and express them in an appropriate medium. Mostly this is watercolour ( this is a watercolour of Velez Rubio)
but having said that I am attempting an oil paintin
g of Ivan Cervantes, motor cycling enduro champion of Spain (MEXX 2007). At the same time I have some photos going into a spanish expat collection about to go to press.One of these is a Puerto Lumbreras photo of a bridge just built to connect the old town to the more modern part.
"Connected" Puerto Lumbreras, Murcia, Spain
I am also involved in publicising the book I authored last year "Going Native in Alicante" so dont be surprised to find some of the critiques that come out on that too...
At the same time I am seriously into my other new blog www.suevista.blogspot.com which is concerned with aspects of the European garden and gardening. So follow me where you will and I hope you will find something to enjoy orset you thinking.

No comments:
Post a Comment